On Saturday 7th December Paper Moon Day Nurseries staff members from their nurseries across Nottingham, Nottinghamshire and Lincolnshire attended a company conference. The owners and directors of the nurseries know how important it is to invest in their workforce in order to support staff professional development and ultimately impact on the quality of care and education the children receive at their nurseries.
Alison Hill, Area Manager stated: “The focus for the conference is to strengthen our vision and values of: “Putting Children First”
It is really important that we develop our skilled workforce who have high aspirations for our children and challenge them in a way that allows them to progress.
Anna Ephgrave lead the conference. Anna is a very well respected and acclaimed teacher and published author within early years and has written books discussing the benefits of ‘In The Moment Planning’ This way of working fully supports the ethos of the work at Paper Moon Nurseries.
The learning outcomes for the conference were:
• Further promote child-led learning in your nursery.
• Gain an even greater understanding of brain development, levels of involvement and supporting the child’s wellbeing
• Gain further understanding of why child-initiated play is so powerful
• Reflect on the best environment to support deepest involvement
• Explore further the role of the adult within child-initiated play – to observe, assess, plan and teach in the moment
• Be introduced to different recording systems that support child-led learning, also known as ‘planning in the moment’